Can I study part-time while working?

You've got a few options depending on the length of the course of study. Read here to find out about getting a student visa or applying for a variation of conditions.

Option A: Study for less than 3 months

You may take 1 or more courses of study that lasts no longer than 3 months in total.

Note: On a work visa you can undertake study or training of any duration if your employer authorises it as part of your employment agreement.

Option B: Apply for variation of conditions

If you want to study longer than 3 months, or study consecutive courses that last for longer than 3 months in total, apply for a variation of conditions to your existing visa.

Apply for a variation of conditions

Option C: Apply for a student visa

To study in New Zealand for longer than 3 months, apply for a student visa.

Explore study visa options