I’ve lost my job. Can my partner be the principal applicant instead?

There are a couple of visas that might be right for you; read here for the options.

Option A: Apply for a partnership work visa

If your partner can apply for a work visa in their own right, you can apply for a partnership-based visa.

Explore and select a visa

Option B: Apply for a temporary visa

Contact us and tell us about your job loss and apply for a temporary visa.

You may include partners and children in your application.