Depending on your plans, up to 9 months
With this visa you can
- Visit friends and family, explore New Zealand or enjoy amateur sports, or adventure activity.
- Study for up to 3 months.
- Include your partner, and dependent children aged 19 and under, in your visa application.
Things to note
- Check if you need to apply for a Visitor Visa – people from certain countries can travel to New Zealand without applying for a visa first, we call this travelling visa waiver.
- It’s faster and easier to apply for a Visitor Visa online - check if you’re eligible to apply online.
The application process
1 Gather your documents
Prepare and gather all your documentation you need for this visa.
2 Submit your application
Check if you need a Visitor Visa – Visa Waiver countries.
Check if you’re eligible to apply online, it’s faster and easier. You can then apply and pay online.
Or apply on the appropriate visitor visa application form and send it to us with your application fee, immigration levy, and the documents listed in the checklist on the form.
Use our Office and fees finder to find out how much you’ll need to pay, and where to send your application.
3 Wait for a visa decision
We’ll process your application as soon as we can.
Most online applications are processed within 20 days, and most paper applications within 25 days, but it can take longer in some situations.
If there’s anything else you need to do, we’ll be in touch.
Please check that you meet the detailed criteria before you apply for a visa or travel to New Zealand