Knowledge base articles

How do I send my documents to immigration, supporting my online application?

If you are applying for a student, work or visitor visa via our Immigration Online system, only your passport (and its handling fee) may need to be sent to our office or Visa Application Centre, depending on your location. 

Immigration Online

Fees and office finder

If you are required to send us your passport, you will be asked to do so on the ‘Thank You’ page of your online account, once your application is submitted.

Any other physical documents do not need to be sent to our offices unless specifically requested by your immigration officer (in which case they will provide you instructions on how to do that).

Instead, all supporting documents need to be uploaded through your online account. Your online application has a section where you can upload your documents, which will guide you through the process.

Uploading documents and photographs