Information about Victims of Family Violence Work Visa

You can apply for this visa if you have experienced family violence from a New Zealand citizen or resident. It allows you to live and work in New Zealand for up to 6 months.


6 months

All conditions

With this visa you can

  • Work anywhere in New Zealand for any employer.

Things to note

  • You must have been in a relationship with a New Zealand citizen or resident that ended due to family violence.
  • You cannot include dependent children in your visa application, but they can apply for visas based on their relationship to you.
  • You do not have to pay fees to apply for this visa.

Dependent children

Check that you meet the detailed criteria.

Use the filters to display detailed criteria and evidence