Information about Religious Worker Resident Visa

If you want to live in New Zealand permanently and you’re already in New Zealand on a valid Religious Worker Work Visa you may be able to apply for residence. You’ll need to have an offer of continuing work and sponsorship from the religious organisation that’s sponsoring you now, and 5 years’ religious work experience and/or training.



55 years and under

All conditions

With this visa you can

  • Work, live and study in New Zealand.
  • Continue to do religious work for the religious organisation that’s sponsoring you.
  • Include your partner, and dependent children aged 24 and under, in your visa application - if you meet the minimum income requirements, or your religious organisation agrees to sponsor them too.

Things to note

  • You can only apply for this visa if you’ve already held a valid Religious Worker Work Visa for 3 years or more.
  • If you include your partner and children in your visa application, they’ll need to meet the same identity, health, character and English language requirements as you.

Check that you meet the detailed criteria.

Use the filters to display detailed criteria and evidence