Information about Culturally Arranged Marriage Visitor Visa

You can visit New Zealand to marry a New Zealand citizen or resident in a culturally arranged marriage, or live with them if you got married overseas.


3 months

All conditions

With this visa you can

  • Come to New Zealand to get married.
  • Come to New Zealand after getting married overseas.
  • Apply for a partnership visa once you live with your partner in New Zealand.

Things to note

  • The marriage must be arranged by someone other than you or your partner (like a family member or a matchmaker) and follow an identified cultural tradition.
  • If you come to get married in New Zealand your wedding must be within 3 months of arriving.
  • If you get married outside New Zealand you must apply for your visa within 3 months of your wedding.

Check that you meet the detailed criteria.

Use the filters to display detailed criteria and evidence