Knowledge base articles

Can I choose between a Permanent Resident Visa and an endorsement?

If you are a New Zealand citizen and hold a foreign passport that you wish to enter New Zealand on, you must apply for a New Zealand Citizenship Endorsement to be able to do so.

You are not eligible to have a Permanent Resident Visa issued into your passport if you now hold New Zealand citizenship.

I’m a New Zealand citizen but travel on my foreign passport