Knowledge base articles

My employee from overseas wants to work for someone else. Can I stop them?

If the overseas employee has been granted a work visa that only allows them to work for your company, they cannot use that same work visa for other employment.

However, nothing stops an overseas employee from applying for a new work visa to work for a different employer.

If they have left your company you may wish to inform Immigration New Zealand of this.

Feedback about an employee who has left their employment