Feedback about an employee who has left their employment

If a worker from overseas has a visa that specifies employment with your business and unexpectedly leaves that employment, you can inform us about it.

A person who holds a visa to work for a specific business may be in breach of their visa conditions by remaining in New Zealand after that employment has ended.

However, they are allowed to apply for a new work visa to work for a different employer.

If you wish to inform us of a worker who held a visa to work only for your business and who has left your employment before the expiry of their visa, you can email us.

You should provide the following information about the employee:

  • full name
  • date of birth
  • last known address
  • date and circumstances of the termination of employment contract
  • other identifying information and information about their visa status.