Information about Partner of a Student Work Visa

This visa allows partners of Student visa holders, who are in New Zealand studying towards a Level 7 or 8 qualification on our Long Term Skill Shortage List, or a Level 9 or 10 qualification, to work in New Zealand.


For the same time as your partner’s student visa

All conditions

With this visa you can

  • Join your partner.
  • Work in New Zealand.
  • Study for up to 3 months.

Things to note

  • You don’t need to have a New Zealand job offer to apply.
  • You can't include dependent children in your visa application, but they can apply for visas based on their relationship to you.

Dependent children
Explore family visa options
Bringing family if you have a student visa

Check that you meet the detailed criteria.

Use the filters to display detailed criteria and evidence


Partner visa