Information about Arts and Music Festival Visitor Visa

Performers and their immediate support crews can visit New Zealand to take part in an approved arts or music festival. You must provide a letter of invitation from the festival organisers explaining your role in the festival.


Up to 3 months

All conditions

With this visa you can

  • Take part in a short-term live entertainment act being promoter by an Approved Promoter.

Things to note

  • For an arts or music festival to be approved, its organiser must submit a proposal to Immigration New Zealand (INZ) showing that the festival has been hosted in New Zealand for 3 or more years, and 10 or more overseas performers and/or crew will take part.
  • If the festival doesn’t have formal approval from INZ, you’ll need to apply for a work visa to take part in it.
  • Check with your promoter if they are an Approved Promoter. A copy of the letter confirming their approved status must be included in your application.

Check that you meet the detailed criteria.

Use the filters to display detailed criteria and evidence


Visitor visa