With this visa you can
- Come to New Zealand for a specific purpose or event.
- Work for a specific employer for the time allowed to complete your specific purpose or event.
Things to note
- If you have a current visitor visa, which you were granted as a guardian accompanying a student to New Zealand, you won’t be eligible for this visa.
- If you’re an Entertainment industry worker in New Zealand for a specific purpose or event, you should apply for an ‘Entertainers Work Visa’ instead.
- You can't include your partner or dependent children in your visa application, but they can apply for visas based on their relationship to you.
The application process
1 You apply for a work visa
You can apply online or use a paper form. You’ll need to include your application fee, immigration levy and supporting documents, like your job offer or letter of invitation.
You may also need to provide an ‘Employer supplementary form‘, completed by your employer.
You can use our Office and fees finder for how much you’ll need to pay. And if you choose to apply on paper, where to send your application.
2 We make a decision about your application
We’ll process your application as soon as we can.
Most online applications are processed within 25 days, and most paper applications within 23 days, but it can take longer in some situations.
If there’s anything else you need to do, we’ll be in touch.
Please check that you meet the detailed criteria before you apply for a visa or travel to New Zealand