Information about Republic of Korea Special Work Visa

If you’re a citizen of the Republic of Korea and you’re qualified to work in a Republic of Korea Special Work occupation, you can apply for this visa. While you’re working here you can enjoy our scenery, culture and friendly people.


Up to 3 years

Up to 50 places available for each occupation

All conditions

You can

  • Come to New Zealand to work in a Republic of Korea Special Work occupation.
  • Study for up to 3 months in any 12-month period.

Republic of Korea Special Work occupations

Things to note

  • The length of your stay will depend on the length of your job offer.
  • If you’re granted a visa for less than 3 years, you can apply for another visa for the balance of the time while in New Zealand. You’ll need to continue to meet all of the criteria to be granted another visa.
  • You can't include a partner or dependent children in your visa application, but they can apply for visas based on their relationship to you.

 Explore family visa options

Check that you meet the detailed criteria.

Use the filters to display detailed criteria and evidence