Information about Entertainers Work Visa

If you have special skills that can’t be met by New Zealand’s own entertainment industry, you may be able to come to New Zealand to work on a specific film, video or production. We’ll need your employer to provide details about your New Zealand engagement when you apply. If you need more time to complete your work, you can apply for another visa as long as you still meet all the criteria.


For the time requested to do the work you’re in New Zealand for, and a short grace period to allow you to return home

All conditions

With this visa you can

  • Come to New Zealand to work in the entertainment, music, film or television industries for a limited time.
  • Work for the specific employer on the specific production you’ve applied to come to New Zealand for.

Things to note

  • If you’re part of an approved arts or music festival or high-end music act, you may be able to come to New Zealand on a visitor visa instead.
  • If you’re under 18, your parent or legal guardian will need to sign your application for you.
  • You can't include your partner or dependent children in your visa application, but they can apply for visas based on their relationship to you.

Arts and Music Festival Visitor Visa
High End Music Act Visitor Visa
Explore family visa options


Check that you meet the detailed criteria.

Use the filters to display detailed criteria and evidence


Work visa