Information about Guardian of a Student Visitor Visa

Parents and legal guardians can visit New Zealand to live with and care for their children who are in New Zealand on a student visa.


Valid for the same time as the student visa of the student you are accompanying

Child must be 17 or under

All conditions

With this visa you can

  • Visit New Zealand to live with and care for your child.

Things to note

  • We’ll only grant this visa to one parent or legal guardian at any one time, even if you have more than one child studying in New Zealand.
  • If you want to bring your partner or other dependent children with you, they’ll need their own visas.

Check that you meet the detailed criteria.

Use the filters to display detailed criteria and evidence