About this visa Japanese Interpreters Work Visa

People from Japan, who are qualified to interpret and translate Japanese and English, can come to New Zealand to work in our tourism industry. You’ll need an offer of full-time work as an interpreter from a New Zealand tourism-related industry employer who can guarantee to cover costs like your wages or salary, accommodation in New Zealand, and your return home. While you’re here, you’ll get valuable work experience that may help your career and benefit both Japan and New Zealand.


Up to 3 years

All Visa Conditions

With this visa you can

Things to note

  • It’ll improve your chances of getting a visa, if you’re young, have experience working in a tourism-related industry, and you’re planning to use your experience in New Zealand to do work that will benefit Japan or New Zealand.
  • The length of your stay will depend on the length of your job offer.
  • You can't include a partner or dependent children in your visa application, but they can apply for visas based on their relationship to you.

Explore family visa options

Please check that you meet the detailed criteria before you apply for a visa or travel to New Zealand

Use the filters to display detailed criteria and evidence