Information about China Skilled Workers Visa

Apply for this visa if you have a job offer for a role listed under the China Skilled Worker Instructions. You must be a citizen of the People’s Republic of China.


Up to 3 years

A total of 1000 citizens

All conditions

With this visa you can

  • Come to New Zealand to work in a China skilled work occupation.
  • Study for up to 3 months in any 12-month period.

China skilled work occupations

Things to note

  • At any one time, a total of 1000 citizens of the People’s Republic of China can work in New Zealand under the China Skilled Workers Instructions, with up to 100 places available for each occupation.
  • The length of your stay will depend on the length of your job offer.
  • If you’re granted a visa for less than 3 years, you can apply for another visa for the balance of the time while you're in New Zealand. You’ll need to continue to meet all of the criteria to be granted another visa.
  • You can't include your partner or dependent children in your visa application, but they can apply for visas based on their relationship to you.

Explore family visa options

Check that you meet the detailed criteria.

Use the filters to display detailed criteria and evidence