Report an offence Fraud and exploitation

You can report any immigration offence to us or go to Crimestoppers — for example, worker exploitation, overstaying or someone working illegally.

What happens when you report an offence

Reporting an immigration offence can be worrying. how much information do you need to provide, what happens to that information, and what happens to you?  When an immigration offence is reported, investigation can be done to address and resolve the issue, and steps can be put in place to stop it happening again. 

Making an anonymous report

Crimestoppers is an independent charity that helps New Zealanders to fight crime by providing an anonymous and simple way to pass on information to the authorities.  You can report immigration offences eg. overstayer, illegally working by using the Crimestoppers service. 

There are 2 ways you can contact Crimestoppers — you can call them or email them using a secure online form. 

0800 555 111

Crimestoppers online form

The online form takes you to the secure Crimestoppers web form. You and your computer are anonymous. Crimestoppers reads what you send them and takes out any information that might identify you.  Then they forward the information to the relevant authorities in New Zealand.

More details about Crimestoppers is on their website. You can find out what information they need and what they do with the information you provide.


Reporting migrant exploitation

We can help migrants who are being exploited. Find out how employers commonly exploit migrant workers, what help is available for victims and how you can report it.

Migrant exploitation