News centre

New Online forms for visa transfers and Parent Resident Visa expressions of interest

We have launched 2 new online forms to make both transferring a visa to a new passport, and expressing interest in applying for the Parent Resident Visa easier.

30 May 2023
2 minute read

Visa transfers

If you need to transfer your current valid visa to a new passport, save time and do it online with the new form that is available on our Website.

Application for transfer or confirmation of a visa

Visas are linked to your passport (or certificate of identity).

When you obtain a new passport or certificate of identity, you will need to transfer any valid visa to the new passport before the visa can be used to travel.

This form can also be used to obtain a letter or visa label endorsement, to confirm your immigration status.

Visa holders

Applying online for a visa transfer means you no longer have to visit your nearest VAC or pay VAC service fees if you are outside New Zealand.

You can make payments online (if required) and will receive an email confirmation when your application has been successfully submitted.

You do not need to pay any fees if you request an eVisa or a confirmation letter.

Parent Category Resident Visa Expression of Interest (EOI)

To express your interest in applying for a Parent Resident Visa, you can do it easily online with the new form available on our website. 

Parent Resident Visa Expression of Interest form


Applying online using these new forms is cheaper and easier, but if you prefer to complete a paper form, you can still download a form on our website.

Application for Transfer or Confirmation of a Visa (INZ 1023) PDF 375KB

Parent Category Expression of Interest Form (INZ 1202) PDF 652KB