V3.115 Work visa holders dismissed during a trial period
- Holders of current work visas who:
- hold a visa subject to the condition that they may only take up employment with a specific employer; and
- had provision for a trial period of up to 90 days under section 67A of the Employment Relations Act 2000 included in their employment agreement; and
- have been notified within the duration of the trial period that they are to be dismissed; and
- have not previously been the principal applicant in a successful application under these instructions;
may be granted a visitor visa for up to three months.
- Applicants for a visitor visa under these instructions must:
- meet funds or sponsorship requirements for visitors (see V2.20);
- provide evidence of travel tickets, onward travel arrangements or sufficient funds for the purchase of onward travel tickets (see V2.25);
- meet health and character requirements for temporary entry (see A4 and A5).
- Partners and dependent children may also be included in the principal applicant's visitor visa application.