V3.90 Visitor visas for refugee or protection status claimants
See also Immigration Act 2009 s 378
See also Immigration (Visa, Entry Permission, and Related Matters) Regulations 2010 reg 26AAB and 26AAE
- Refugee or protection status claimants may be granted visitor visas while they await a decision on their refugee or protection status claim.
- Applications must be made in the prescribed manner (see E4); but an appropriately delegated immigration officer may waive, by special direction:
- the requirement to produce evidence of funds or sponsorship; and
- the requirement to produce evidence of travel tickets or onward travel arrangements.
- Applicants are exempt from paying the application fee, Immigration Levy and the International Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy.
- Immigration officers should refer to E8.10 for further guidance.