U3.5 Offer of a place
Applicants must have an offer of a place with a New Zealand education provider, which shows:
- the name of the programme of study or training scheme and the minimum time required for completing it; and
- evidence that the programme of study or training scheme and education provider meet foreign student requirements (see U5); and
- confirmation that the education provider has assessed and is satisfied that the programme is appropriate for the student’s expectations, and that the prospective student has the English language proficiency and academic capability to succeed in the programme offered; and
- the amount of the tuition fee, or, if the programme of study is longer than one year, the annual fee; and
- whether or not the student has to pay programme of study or training scheme fees and whether the fees are domestic or foreign fees; and
- whether the student is full-time (see U6.1.1) or part-time (see U7.20); and
- the dates and duration of all scheduled vacations if the programme of study or training scheme is one academic year or more.
~For the information specified at U3.5(g), this can be provided in a separate document accompanying the Offer of Place or Confirmation of Enrolment.
~ An academic year means a programme of study of a minimum of 120 credits during a period of at least eight months (minimum of two semesters).
~From January 2014, students seeking to enrol in a programme of study or training scheme offered at an education provider that holds a Category Four status under the NZQA’s External Evaluation Review (EER) quality assurance system will not be granted a student visa