U3.25 Outward travel
Applicants for student visas are required to provide evidence that they have the means while their visa is current to travel to a country to which they have right of entry, in the form of:
- a fully paid travel ticket to any such country; or
- sufficient funds held in New Zealand i.e. funds additional to any sum required under U3.20, to purchase any such ticket; or
- an acceptable form of undertaking by a third party supplied to an immigration officer before arrival in New Zealand; or
- the form Sponsorship for Temporary Entry (INZ 1025) completed by a person who is an acceptable sponsor (see E6.5 and E6.5.1); or
- financial assistance available to the holder under any multilateral or bilateral aid programme administered in New Zealand by a government department or statutory body.