I’m on a guardian visitor visa and need to travel home for an emergency

You can be out of New Zealand for a short time but there are a few things to do to make this happen.

The student you care for will need to apply for a variation of conditions

For students aged under 10, living with their guardian is a condition of their student visa. The student must apply for a variation of conditions.

The education provider must arrange for alternative care during the guardian’s absence.

The guardian may remain out of the country for no more than 4 weeks.

Varying the conditions of a visitor visa