U8.25 Dependent children of holders of student visas
- Dependent children (see E4.1) who wish to study in New Zealand may be granted student visas if their parent is a student visa holder who is:
- any person who is in New Zealand to study under an exchange programme approved by the New Zealand Government; or
- a foreign student enrolled in any Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programme in a New Zealand university; or
- any person who is the holder of a New Zealand scholarship administered by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
- Dependent children of student visa holders as defined in (a) above are regarded as domestic students (for the purpose of all tuition fees at primary and secondary schools for the period of the parent's student visa (see U3.35).
- Dependent children of student visa holders may be granted student visas without the need to produce evidence of enrolment (see E4.1).
- Guarantees of accommodation and evidence of maintenance funds are required (see U3.20).