SM6.50 Bonus points for employment outside the Auckland region
Current skilled employment or an offer of skilled employment outside the Auckland region qualifies for 30 points.
SM6.50.1 Definition: Employment outside the Auckland region
- Employment is outside the Auckland region if the principal applicant's entire or principal place of work is not within the territories covered by the Auckland Council.
- For the purposes of this provision ‘place of work’ is defined as a place (whether or not within or forming part of a building, structure or vehicle) where any person is to work, for the time being works, or customarily works, for gain and reward; and includes a place, or part of a place, (not being domestic accommodation provided for the employee):
- where the employee comes or may come to eat, rest or get first aid or pay; or
- where the employee comes or may come as part of the employee’s duties to report in or out, get instructions, or deliver goods or vehicles; or
- through which the employee may or must pass to reach a place of work.