WL2.15 Silver Fern Job Search qualification requirements
- Applicants must hold a:
- qualification that is equivalent to a New Zealand Bachelor's degree (Level 7) or higher; or
- trade qualification that is equivalent to a National Certificate (Level 4) or a New Zealand Certificate (Level 4) and have two years of relevant work experience.
- Applicants whose recognised qualification is required for employment in one of the occupations where registration is required by law in New Zealand (SM10.5) must show that they:
- hold full or provisional registration in that occupation in New Zealand; or
- can meet the necessary New Zealand registration requirements.
WL2.15.1 Trade qualifications
- To be considered a trade qualification, a qualification must be relevant to an ANZSCO (Major Group 3) Technicians and Trades Workers occupation at skill level 3.
- Applicants holding a trade qualification must also show they have a minimum of two years of work experience which:
- is relevant to their qualification; and
- has been gained in a comparable labour market (SM7.15.1); and
- meets the additional requirements for recognition of work experience (SM7.20); and
- has been gained after their qualification (including any work experience required as part of the qualification) was completed.
Note: Immigration officers must ensure that the qualification is a National Certificate or a New Zealand Certificate (Level 4) or comparable to a National Certificate or a New Zealand Certificate (Level 4) and may refer to the following for confirmation:
~ the www.kiwiquals.govt.nz website,
~ written confirmation provided by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) to the Tertiary Education Provider confirming the qualification is a National Certificate,
~ a NZQA International Qualification Assessment (IQA), or
~ a NZQA Qualifications Assessment Report (QAR).