WL2.5 Lodging an application
See also Immigration (Visa, Entry Permission, and Related Matters) Regulations 2010 reg 12, sch 1
- Applications for a Silver Fern Job Search visa must be made online using the electronic form provided on the Online Services of the Immigration website (www.immigration.govt.nz).
- An Immigration officer may consider an application where the applicant has supplied the following information in electronic form:
- his or her name; and
- his or her date of birth; and
- the details of their passport or other certificate of identity; and
- such information as is required by the electronic form to be tendered in order to determine whether the relevant visa should be granted.
- The applicant must also complete their application by:
- acknowledging that the details supplied in support of their application are correct; and
- agreeing that if their circumstances change before a visa is granted they will notify an immigration officer of that change in circumstances; and
- paying the prescribed fee, Immigration Levy and the International Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy for a Silver Fern Job Search visa.
- The electronic form provided on the INZ website will only allow an application to be lodged where there are places available under the annual limit (see WL2.1).
WL2.5.1 Additional requirements for lodging applications for a Silver Fern Job Search visa
See also Immigration (Visa, Entry Permission, or Related Matters) Regulations 2010 reg 12
- Before determining an application the immigration officer processing the application may require the applicant to do one or more of the following:
- to be interviewed by an immigration officer; or
- to produce further information or evidence (including photographs) that the officer thinks necessary for him or her to determine the application; or
- if applicable, require the applicant to produce travel tickets to a country that the person has right of entry to or evidence of onward travel arrangements that the officer thinks necessary for him or her to determine the application; or
- if applicable, require the applicant to produce evidence of the applicant’s funds for maintenance while in New Zealand or evidence of the applicant’s sponsorship that the officer thinks necessary for him or her to determine the application; or
- if not already provided, require the applicant to produce his or her passport or other certificate of identity.
- If an applicant does not provide the additional requirements within the timeframe set by the immigration officer, the application will be assessed on the available information.