W2.15 Funds requirements (29/11/2011)
See also Immigration Act 2009 ss 48, 55
See also Immigration (Visa, Entry Permission, and Related Matters) Regulations 2010 reg 10, 11, 12, schedule 1
- Unless specifically stated otherwise, applicants for work visas may be are required to provide:
- a proposed salary that an immigration officer considers sufficient to cover maintenance and accommodation; or
- a guarantee of maintenance and accommodation by their employer for the currency of the visa; or
- sufficient funds for maintenance and accommodation for the currency of the visa; or
- sponsorship by a relative or friend in New Zealand (see E6).
- Officers with schedule 2 delegations and above are authorised to waive the requirement for evidence of funds or sponsorship.
W2.15.1 Evidence of sufficient funds
Evidence of sufficient funds includes but is not limited to:
- New Zealand bank accounts showing the current balance;
- travellers' cheques;
- bank drafts;
- recognised credit cards with sufficient credit available;
- for group visas, certification from a reputable travel agency.