WR3.1 Who is eligible for a work visa under the Long Term Skill Shortage List Work Instructions?
To be granted a visa under the Long Term Skill Shortage List Work Instructions applicants must:
- hold an offer of employment in an occupation that is included on the Long Term Skill Shortage List (LTSSL) at the time that their application is made and that meets the specifications for that occupation; and
- be suitably qualified by training and/or experience to undertake the offer of employment (including any specific requirements set out on the LTSSL); and
- meet the health and character requirements for Residence set out at A4 and A5.15 to A5.25; and
- meet the requirements for bona fide applicants as set out at E5; and
- meet the requirements for lodging an application as set out in WR3.15.
WR3.1.1 Currency and travel conditions of work visas under the Long Term Skill Shortage List Work Instructions
- Applicants who are in New Zealand may be granted a LTSSL work visa allowing stay and multiple entry travel for 30 months.
- Applicants who are not in New Zealand may be granted a LTSSL work visa with the following travel conditions:
- first entry to New Zealand must be made within three months of the visa being granted; and
- the visa will allow stay and multiple entry travel for 30 months from first arrival.