D8.10 Action before approval of repatriation
- Before approving repatriation it is necessary to confirm:
- the person being considered for repatriation wishes to be repatriated or, if they are incapable of making that decision, that repatriation is the best option for the individual and New Zealand; and
- the full costs of repatriation have been established, including the cost of an escort(s) if required; and
- financial assistance to meet the costs of repatriation is not available from any other source either in full or part; and
- the person(s) being repatriated have right of entry to the country they are being repatriated to; and
- the person is not more appropriately subject to deportation.
- Approval for repatriation can only be given by officers with Schedule 1 delegations.