WE1.1 Requirements for the provision of religious training
To provide formal religious training in New Zealand to religious trainees, a religious organisation must:
- be registered as a charity with Charities Services;
- demonstrate that their primary purpose is advancing religion;
- demonstrate they have at least a five year track record providing religious training. Evidence should include the current number of trainees under instruction (both New Zealanders and non-New Zealanders);
- submit a completed Sponsorship Form for Religious Workers (INZ 1190) guaranteeing accommodation, maintenance and repatriation; and
- meet the generic sponsorship requirements set out at E6.5 and E6.15.