RW4 Residence instructions for holders of work visas granted under the long term skill shortage list work instructions
Holders of visas granted under the long term skill shortage list work instructions may be granted a resident visa where:
- they have held a work visa granted under the long term skill shortage list work instructions for a period of at least 24 months; and
- they have employment with a minimum base salary of NZ$45,000 per annum that is either:
- in an occupation that was on the Long Term Skill Shortage List when they were granted a work visa under the long term skill shortage list work instructions; or
- in an occupation that is on the long term skill shortage list at the time their application for a resident visa is made; or
- in an occupation that meets the requirements of WR3.15.1(a)(iii); and
- they hold full or provisional registration, if full or provisional registration is required to practice in the occupation in which they are employed in New Zealand; and
- they meet health and character requirements (see A4 and A5).
~ Applicants under these instructions must be in New Zealand at the time they lodge their application for a resident visa.
~ For the avoidance of doubt, the minimum base salary excludes employment related allowances (for example overtime, tool or uniform allowances, medical insurance, accommodation) and must be calculated on the basis of 40 hours’ work per week.