WD2 Graduate job search work visa (02/04/2012)
- People may be granted a work visa for a maximum of 12 months who:
- meet the qualification requirements as set out at WD1.10; and
- apply no later than 3 months after the end date of their student visa for that course or qualification or, if the qualification was a Doctoral Degree, no later than 6 months after the end date of their student visa; and
- have met requirements set out in U11.1(d) if their studies have been supported under the New Zealand Aid Programme.
Note: A person must have successfully completed the qualification stated as a condition on their student visa in order to meet the requirements of WD2(a)ii.
- To be eligible for a work visa, applicants must not previously have been granted a visa under these instructions unless they have undertaken and completed a second higher New Zealand qualification at bachelor degree or post-graduate degree level.
- Evidence of an offer of employment is not required.
- Applicants must provide:
- a completed work visa application form and fee; and
- evidence that they have completed a qualification in New Zealand that would qualify for points under Skilled Migrant Category (see SM14); and
- evidence that they have a minimum of $4,200 in funds available to maintain themselves during their 12 month stay in New Zealand (travellers' cheques or bank documents in the applicant's name are acceptable); and
- evidence that the work visa application is being made no later than 3 months after the end date of their student visa for that qualification.
- Any work visas granted under these instructions may be subject to conditions that allow work for any employer.