WR5 Skilled Migrant Category Job Search Instructions
- Subject to WR5 (b) to (f) below, principal applicants under the Skilled Migrant Category (SMC) who:
- do not qualify for points for an offer of skilled employment or current skilled employment in New Zealand; and
- have not undertaken full time study for at least two years in New Zealand that has resulted in the award of a Doctorate or Master’s degree; and
- whose SMC application otherwise meets all requirements for approval
may be granted a work visa and entry permission for the purpose of obtaining an offer of ongoing skilled employment in New Zealand.
- If the principal applicant is in New Zealand and currently holds, or in the last 24 months has held, a work visa granted under the WD Study to Work instructions then they are not eligible for a work visa under these instructions.
- An application for a work visa must be made within three months of the date of advice from INZ that the principal applicant may apply for the grant of a work visa under these provisions.
- Applicants must provide evidence that they have sufficient funds to maintain themselves for a period of at least three months in New Zealand, such funds being:
- (if they have pre-paid accommodation) a sum of NZ$400, per month; and
- (if they do not have pre-paid accommodation) a sum of NZ$1,000 per month.
- Applicants must also provide evidence that they have sufficient funds to purchase an outward ticket from New Zealand for themselves.
- Applicants under these Instructions must be assessed as bona fide applicants for a temporary visa.
- Work visas granted under these instructions will allow work for any employer in New Zealand.
Note: Applicants who made an application under the SMC before 21 December 2005, may be granted a work visa in accordance with the SMC instructions that were in effect at the time their SMC application was made.
Note: Applicants who made an application under the SMC on or after 21 December 2005 and before 10 April 2007, may be granted a work visa in accordance with the SMC instructions that were in effect at the time their SMC application was made.