V3.125 Partners and dependent children of military visa holders (29/11/2010)
- Partners (see E4.1.20) and dependent children (see E4.1.10) of military visa holders, may be granted visitor visas if that type of visa is appropriate to their needs for the same period as the military visa held, or deemed to be held, by the applicant's partner or parent.
- Applicants meet temporary entry class requirements for lodging an application as set out at E4, bona fide applicants as set out at E5, and health and character requirements as set out at A4.5 and A5.5, but are exempt from:
- providing evidence of enrolment; and
- providing guarantees of accommodation and maintenance; and
- meeting onward travel requirements.
- Before granting a visitor visa, immigration officers must be satisfied that the applicant's partner or parent:
- holds a military visa; or
- is eligible to be granted a military visa; or
- is deemed to be granted a military visa.
V3.125.1 Partners of military visa holders
- Partners of military visa holders must prove to the satisfaction of an immigration officer that:
- they are living together with their partner in a genuine and stable partnership at the time their application is made; and
- they comply with the minimum requirements for recognition of partnerships (see E4.1.10 and F2.15); and
- their partner supports the application.
- Evidence of the applicant’s relationship to the military visa holder must be provided in the following forms:
- evidence of their relationship with their partner; and
- evidence that demonstrates they are living together with that partner in a genuine and stable partnership at the time their application is made. (F2.20 sets out the types of evidence that are required).