RA1.1 Currency and nature of a resident visa
See also Immigration Act 2009 s 74
- The holder of a resident visa is entitled to:
- travel to New Zealand in accordance with the conditions of the visa relating to travel; and
- apply for entry permission (whether before or after travelling to New Zealand); and
- If the holder of a resident visa is granted entry permission they are entitled, in accordance with the conditions of the visa (if any), to:
- to stay in New Zealand indefinitely; and
- to work in New Zealand or in the exclusive economic zone of New Zealand; and
- to study in New Zealand.
Note: See R5.66 for instructions on the travel conditions to be granted with a resident visa and RV3 for instructions on varying travel conditions after a resident visa has been granted.