These are the conditions that you must meet once you have your visa.

Entry permission

You must apply for entry permission when you arrive in New Zealand. You can do this by completing an arrival card, which you are given on the way to New Zealand.

Arriving in New Zealand

You can be refused entry permission if:

  • you don’t meet our character requirements
  • your circumstances have changed since you were granted a visa
  • you refuse to let us to take your photo, or provide us with your fingerprints or an iris scan, if we ask you for them.


You can only work as a Thai Chef for the specific employer and in the specific location stated on your visa label.

Everyone who has a job in New Zealand pays tax on what they earn. You can apply for an IRD number online through Inland Revenue.

Apply online for an IRD number


You can study for up to 3 months in any 12-month period.

You can also do any training required by your employer as part of your employment.


After you arrive, you can travel in and out of New Zealand as many times as you like before your visa expires.

Visa expiry

You must leave New Zealand before your visa expires

If you want to stay in New Zealand longer, you must apply for and be granted a different visa.