Changing a Post Study Work Visa

If you already have a Post Study Work Visa or we accepted your application for one before 26 November 2018, find out how to apply for a new one or work for other employers.

If you already have a Post Study Work Visa

Your current visa will be a:

  • Post Study Work Visa (employer-assisted), that means you can work in a job for the employer specified on your visa for up to 2 years, or
  • Post Study Work Visa (open) that lets you work for any employer for 1 year.

If your visa is employer-assisted

If you want to, you can apply to us to have the job, location and employer removed. This means you can then work for any employer and do not need to contact us if you change jobs.

How to apply

You must send us:

  • completed form INZ 1243
  • the application fee
  • your passport.

Application for a Variation of Conditions for holders of an employer-assisted post-study work visa (INZ 1243) PDF 281KB

Fees, decision times & where to apply

If you have a 1-year open visa

Before your visa expires, you can apply for a further Post-study work visa for another 2 years.

How to apply

Apply online or, if you cannot, complete the paper form (INZ 1015) to apply for a work visa.

Work Visa Application