Information about Victims of Family Violence Resident Visa

This visa helps victims of family violence. You can apply for this visa if you were the partner of a New Zealand citizen or residence class visa holder and have experienced family violence.



All conditions

With this visa you can

  • Live, work and study in New Zealand.

Things to note

  • You can apply if you were in a relationship with a New Zealand citizen or resident visa holder that ended due to family violence.
  • You must show that you are unable to return to your home country.
  • You can include dependent children, aged 24 and under, in your visa application.
  • You do not have to pay application costs for applications under this category.

Check that you meet the detailed criteria.

Use the filters to display detailed criteria and evidence