Information about Supplementary Seasonal Employment Work Visa

People who are already in New Zealand on a student or visitor visa can apply for a work visa to do seasonal work in the horticulture or viticulture industries. People in New Zealand who hold or have held a work visa can also apply (including people who have previously held a SSE visa), if the application is made before 31 March 2022.


6 months

18 and over

Decided each season

All conditions

With this visa you can

Things to note

  • You can apply for this visa if you currently hold a visitor or student visa. You can also apply if you currently hold or have previously held a work visa (including a TRSE or SSE visa), if you apply before 31 March 2022.
  • You cannot include a partner or dependent children in your visa application.

Check that you meet the detailed criteria.

Use the filters to display detailed criteria and evidence