About this visa Partner of an NZ Aid Student Work Visa

This visa will allow you to work in New Zealand while your partner’s here on a New Zealand Aid Student Visa. You’ll be able to get a job, and in your free time, enjoy New Zealand’s scenery, adventure, culture and friendly people.


For the same time as your partner’s New Zealand Aid Student Visa

All Visa Conditions

With this visa you can

  • Join your partner.
  • Work in New Zealand.
  • Study for up to 3 months.

Things to note

  • You won’t be eligible for this visa if your partner’s visa was granted to take part in a Short-Term Training Award, New Zealand Regional Development Scholarship or English Language Training for Officials scholarship programme.
  • You don’t need to have a New Zealand job offer to apply.
  • You can't include dependent children in your visa application, but they can apply for visas based on their relationship to you.

Dependent children

Explore family visa options

Please check that you meet the detailed criteria before you apply for a visa or travel to New Zealand

Use the filters to display detailed criteria and evidence

Partner visa