Information about Silver Fern Practical Experience Work Visa

This visa is for people who already hold a Silver Fern Job Search Work Visa or Silver Fern Practical Experience Work Visa and want to stay in New Zealand to work in skilled employment. To apply you’ll need to have an offer of skilled employment for 12 months or more. Later, you can apply for residence under the Skilled Migrant Category.


Up to 2 years

All conditions

With this visa you can

  • Work in New Zealand doing the skilled employment that’s the basis for granting your visa.
  • Study for up to 3 months in any 12 month period.

Things to note

  • The time you can stay will depend on the length of your job offer.
  • If you’ve held one or more Silver Fern Practical Experience Visas in the past, you’ll only be eligible to apply again if the total amount of time you’ve held those visas was less than 2 years.
  • You can't include a partner or dependent children in your visa application, but they can apply for visas based on their relationship to you.
    Explore family visa options

Check that you meet the detailed criteria.

Use the filters to display detailed criteria and evidence