Information about Philippines Special Work Visa

If you’re a citizen of the Philippines and you’re a registered nurse, farm manager or engineering professional, you can apply for this visa. To apply, you need to have a New Zealand job offer for your special work and the necessary qualifications, experience and occupational registration to do that work. While you’re working in New Zealand you can enjoy our scenery, culture and friendly people.


Up to 3 years

At any one time, under the Philippines Special Work Instructions, New Zealand can have:

  • 100 Philippines nurses
  • 20 Philippines farm managers
  • 20 Philippines engineering professionals

All conditions

You can

  • Come to New Zealand to work as a registered nurse, farm manager or engineering professional.
  • Study for up to 3 months in any 12-month period.

Things to note

  • The length of your stay will depend on the length of your job offer.If you’re granted a visa for less than 3 years, you can apply for another visa for the balance of the time while in New Zealand. You’ll need to continue to meet all of the criteria to be granted another visa.
  • You can't include a partner or dependent children in your visa application, but they can apply for visas based on their relationship to you.

Explore family visa options

Check that you meet the detailed criteria.

Use the filters to display detailed criteria and evidence