Information about Partner of a New Zealander Resident Visa

This visa allows you get New Zealand residence if you have a partner who is a New Zealand citizen or resident.



All conditions

With this visa you can

  • Live, work, and study in New Zealand.
  • Include dependent children, aged 24 and under, in your visa application.

Things to note

  • If your partner’s New Zealand residence is based on their Australian citizenship, Australian permanent residence or resident return visa, you can only apply for this visa if your partner lives in New Zealand.
  • If your partner is a New Zealand citizen and the two of you have been living together outside of New Zealand for 5 years or more, you may be granted a permanent resident visa. Your partner will need to be either overseas when you apply, or have been back in New Zealand for less than 3 months.

Check that you meet the detailed criteria.

Use the filters to display detailed criteria and evidence


Partner visa