Information about Migrant Exploitation Protection Work Visa

If you have reported exploitation while on an employer supported work visa, apply for this visa to leave your job while the exploitation is being investigated.


Up to 6 months

All conditions

With this visa you can

  • Leave your current job quickly while the exploitation is being investigated. 
  • Work anywhere in New Zealand for any employer.

Things to note

  • Before you can apply for this visa you must have your report of exploitation assessed by Employment New Zealand and have been given a Report of Exploitation Assessment letter.
    Report migrant exploitation.
  • You should apply for this visa within 1 month of receiving a Report of Exploitation Assessment letter.
  • You do not have to pay fees or supply medical or police certificates to apply for this visa.
  • This visa will be granted for up to six months depending on the time remaining on your current visa.
  • You cannot include dependent children in your visa application, but they can apply for visas based on their relationship to you.

Dependent children

Check that you meet the detailed criteria.

Use the filters to display detailed criteria and evidence