Employer request for critical worker exception

Employers and agencies can use this form if they have an overseas worker who meets the ‘other critical worker’ criteria.

When to use this form

Use this form if your worker needs to travel urgently to New Zealand and meets the ‘other critical worker’ criteria. You can include multiple eligible workers in one request for an exception.

Requests for critical workers to travel to New Zealand must be made by an employer, a supporting agency or an immigration adviser on behalf of the employer. 


If your worker wants to bring their partner or dependent children, they must also be included on the form.

If you are a worker, your employer must apply on your behalf. Workers cannot apply directly for an exception.


The fee to submit this request is NZD $380.

You will be charged a fee at the end of the form. You can pay with a Visa or Mastercard credit card.

Check if you are eligible