News centre

Translating supporting documents for temporary entry visas Tuesday, 4 December 2018

To avoid delays with your temporary visa application, you should provide certified English translations of your key supporting documents.

Immigration New Zealand (INZ) does not translate documents for visa applicants.

We accept translations carried out by:

  • the Translation Service of the Department of Internal Affairs (New Zealand), or
  • reputable people within the community who are known to translate documents accurately, or
  • embassies or high commissions (if the translation has the appropriate embassy or high commission seal), or
  • any other private or official translation business.

Applicants, their family members and the licensed immigration adviser helping with the application may not translate documents.

Temporary entry visa applicants must also provide INZ with English translations of all medical and police certificates.

We are currently considering making English translations mandatory for all supporting information. We will provide more information about this once we make a decision.

If you have any questions, contact the Immigration Contact Centre:

  • 0508 558 855 — toll free from New Zealand landlines
  • 0064 9 914 4100 — local or international call charges will apply.