News centre

INZ Manukau public counter closing

From 3 July 2017, the Immigration New Zealand public service counter at level 2, 20 Amersham Way, Manukau, will be closed and there will be no dropbox at this location.

Apply where possible using our online application services, or send your completed application by post or courier to:

Immigration New Zealand
PO Box 76895
Manukau City 2241

If you are planning to submit a student visa application using a paper form, courier your application to:

Student Visa Applications
Immigration New Zealand
Level 5, 65 Rangitikei Street
PO Box 1049
Palmerston North

All Immigration New Zealand forms and guides are available on our website and can be downloaded from this website and printed as required.

All forms and guides

If you are in the South Auckland area and require any assistance with your current or upcoming immigration application, call the Immigration Contact Centre on 09 914 4100. You can also send our Immigration Contact Centre an email.

Send us an email

Click the green “Search” button and then follow the “Send us an online query” link in the bottom right of the screen under “Still can’t find an answer?”.

How do I receive urgent assistance if I live in Auckland?

If you urgently require assistance (for example you need to urgently attend a family event in your home country), you should go to the public counter at Auckland Central Area Office, 280 Queen Street.

Ensure you give yourself enough time to receive the service you need if your matter is urgent. Auckland Central Area Office’s opening hours are:

  • Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday | 8.30am to 4.00pm
  • Wednesdays | 10am to 4.00pm.

Note that we may require evidence of your travel timeframes before your application is regarded as ‘urgent’.

Ensure you give yourself enough time and remain lawfully in New Zealand

If you are the current holder of an immigration visa it is important that you do not stay in New Zealand past the end date on your visa, and you should make all efforts to ensure that you are in New Zealand lawfully. You need to give yourself enough time to obtain another visa if this option is available.